Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Halie Foell Stout

After graduating with my MA in Mass Communications in 2011, we moved to (and currently live in) Houston, TX while my husband Kendall is finishing up Optometry school. We've been married for five years and recently had our first baby. Nora Jean Stout was born on June 14, 2013. I was working as a Graduate Program Coordinator for the University of Houston's Hilton College Graduate Program until Nora was born. Now I stay at home with her and try to keep up with things. Here are two pictures because I like to show off my little firecracker. I have two brother's on missions right now. One finishing in Baltimore, MD and the other is serving in Boston, MA while he is waiting for his VISA to Brazil. We have truly felt the blessings of missionary work and are striving to invite people to church and to meet with the missionaries. Missionary work has become a huge part of our lives and I am so grateful for my Nauvoo experience while I am learning more about the gospel and sharing my testimony about Joseph Smith and the Book of Mormon. Kendall serves as the assistant ward mission leader and I am currently serving with the YW in our ward. It is proving to be harder than any calling I've had before. In Fall 2014 we will be living in Fort Worth, TX and Spring 2015 in Wichita Falls, TX for our optometry externships. After that, who knows where life will take us? I miss Nauvoo so much and we are planning to go back as a family. I can't wait to revisit those days. Wish I could see all of you again soon. I ditto Sadie and Rebecca in saying that if you are ever in the Houston area, please feel free to let me know. (If you go on a cruise and you need a ride from the airport or whatever it might be.) It is always great seeing Nauvoo faces. I saw Rachel Briggs at a Stake RS Meeting and it was nice to see a familiar face. It is so great to hear updates from everyone. I love hearing all the success each of you are having in education, marriage and family life, and everything else. I hope to hear from more of you soon.
 With Love, Halie
IMG_0205.JPG   IMG_0157.JPG

No comments:

Post a Comment