Monday, October 28, 2013

Sadie Lee Hopkins

Hey "family", After graduating with a BA in Anthropology from BYU in 2010 I moved to Denver, CO, for a job. My husband Reece and I met here and we married in August 2012. Yes, my name is really Sadie Hopkins now (not as bad as it could be, but close enough to not avoid the bad jokes and inane "did you realize?" comments). Reece is an industrial design student at a local university and works nights and weekends cleaning carpet, I work days as an office manager, and we both enjoy what time we get to see each other in between. We have a tiny ward so I have two callings: ward music director and a Relief Society teacher. Our most engrossing update is we're expecting our first baby next year! I'm due March 8 and we will not find out if a boy/girl till delivery. Hats off to all y'all with a whole herd already. Baby-growing is hard business. We'll stay in Denver at least through December 2014 when Reece should graduate and then we'll go whenever and wherever he can get a good job. Life is good for us. If you ever come through the area please feel free to look us up! Emily Z. stopped by one time. We made pie and it was magical. If you want to stalk.. err I mean follow up with me more often, I blog at sadiesstory.blogspot.com. I occasionally get inquiries from Nauvoo friends about my brother who was diagnosed with leukemia the year after Nauvoo so here's his update for those interested. After Scott's initial 3.5 years of treatment he was clean and healthy for about 2.5 years. Three months into his mission to New England cancer came back and he returned home immediately to resume treatment and had a bone marrow transplant a month after my wedding. Since the only sibling who was a perfect marrow match was the brother with total kidney failure who needs his own transplant, they found a perfect match in a European donor. Scott is doing well and all cancer seems to be gone for good and he's planning on attending BYU-I next spring. (Josh still needs a kidney. Let me know if you're interested in helping fix that!) Thanks for all your well wishes an prayers over the years for my family. Whenever I met Nauvoo friends on campus they always remembered to ask about him and it meant a lot to me to have such caring friends. I hope your families are all well and sound. I wish I could be there for the upcoming reunion in Utah. Don't be strangers. -- Sadie Hopkins

No comments:

Post a Comment